Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Article I Wrote Before Isaac Came Home

Who hasn't "googled" their name on the internet? If you haven't, you'll be surprised by what you may find. I google my name every once in a while to find out what the world thinks I am up to. Here is what I found today:

http://maineindymedia.org/newswire/display/3304/index.php

It is an article that I wrote regarding my fundraising efforts during Isaac's adoption. Wow, what a different space Halis and I were in at that time. Our son wasn't home yet, and every thought and deed centered on trying to get him home. Now he is home safe and happy, and every thought and deed centers on raising him in a nurturing atmosphere.

The above article was featured in at least 3 newspapers and a couple of internet sites. We raised about $500 for Isaac's orphanage. But better than that, we raised alot of awareness regarding the plight of Haiti and Haitian adoption. I still have people come up to me to ask questions about adoption because they remember the article. I am thankful! Sometimes, in our local area, people will come to Isaac and say, "I saw your picture in the paper when you were still in Haiti." It is wonderful that he gets recognized. It opens dialogue.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Jodi,
The quilt was beautiful! I loved the fabric!